All Styberg Library ebooks are discoverable through USearch. Follow these steps to discover and view these.
Please note, not all available ebooks are accessible through this method. These instructions are only applicable to the ones that say, "Access to this resource is limited to the Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary community due to licensing restrictions." If an ebook record does not contain this disclaimer, you have discovered a Northwestern ebook. For information on how to access Northwestern ebooks, see the Additional Ebooks tab.
1. Open the library’s homepage. Select All Libraries from the drop-down menu to find all available ebooks, or to only find Styberg ebooks, select Styberg Library from the drop-down menu. Then, enter your search terms and press Search.
2. Once your search results load, select the relevant ebook. Ebook records will include the word BOOK and a green text link that says “Online Access”. Click on this link.
3. The full record will then appear. In the View Online section, there will be a link. Click on the blue text to be taken to a login page.
4. On the login page, enter your Garrett email and select Next.
5. Then, enter your email password. Press Sign in.
6. Your ebook will then load. Depending upon the ebook provider (EBSCO, ProQuest, or JSTOR) and our license, you may have options to download, print, save, notate/highlight, etc. Check out the vendor-specific tabs above for more information. (The name of the ebook provider is contained within the USearch link and will be present in the top left corner of the ebook’s homepage.)
Do not use your NetID to access Styberg Library ebooks.
If you are having difficulty logging in, you may need to try a different browser and/or clear your cookies, cache, and history.
You also may need to reset your email password. You can that using the Password Reset Tool.